What to Expect
After taking a placement test during orientation week, you will be placed in one of five levels based on your results: beginner, high beginner, intermediate, high intermediate, or advanced. Classes are held at UTSA’s Main Campus and are average sized giving you personalized attention.
The Intensive English Program offers a unique educational experience, including:
- world-class, expert faculty, who have master’s degrees in teaching English as a second language.
- a rigorous academic program, with clear learning objectives at each level.
- a unique dedication from faculty and staff to help you succeed academically.
- access to all services available at The University of Texas at San Antonio.
The Intensive English Program is for anyone who wants to:
- fulfill a personal dream of pursuing a degree from a U.S. college or university.
- achieve professional success in the U.S. or abroad.
- gain a significant improvement in English language proficiency while enjoying a stay in beautiful San Antonio, Texas.
Additional Programs Offered to IEP Students
- Conversation Partners: Pairs IEP students with other members of the UTSA community to meet and chat. Click here to learn more about the Conversation Partners Program.
- Conversation Club: A relaxed setting to discuss a variety of topics in English, giving students the opportunity to practice English speaking and listening. Click here to learn more about Conversation Club.
- ESL Workshops: Tailored to the current student population to boost language skills.
Orientation week: January 11 – January 15, 2021
First day of class: January 19, 2021
Final day to register: February 3, 2021
Last day of class: May 12, 2021 (last day of class has been moved back due to inclement weather the week of February 15)
Orientation week: August 16 – August 20, 2021
First day of class: August 23, 2021
Final day to register: September 8, 2021
Last day of class: December 1, 2021