Before You Attend Orientation
Apply for your F-1 or J-1 visa as soon as you receive your I-20 or DS-2019 Form.
- Be sure to pay the fee. Proof of SEVIS fee payment will be required to schedule your visa appointment at the U.S embassy or consulate. For more information, please visit https://www.ice.gov/sevis
Submit your record of Meningococcal Meningitis immunization to UTSA Student Health Services by mail or fax.
- This requirement only applies to students under the age of 22.
- Immunization records must be translated in English. This must be done before orientation. For information, contact Student Health Services, 210-458-4142 or StudentHealthServices@utsa.edu
Submit your QuantiFERON Gold Tuberculosis (TB) or T-spot blood test result to UTSA Student Health Services by mail or fax.
- Your result must be translated in English. This must be done before orientation.
For more information, contact Student Health Services, 210-458-4142 or StudentHealthServices@utsa.edu
- If your country does not provide QuantiFERON Gold Tuberculosis tests, you can take a TB test once you arrive in the US.
Notify ESL services that you will attending New International Student Orientation.
Make your travel arrangements.
- Arrive at least one day BEFORE New International Student Orientation. If you miss orientation, you may not have enough time to complete all the requirements and may not be able to register for classes.
Orientation Week at UTSA
- Attend New International Student Orientation
- Take Placement Test
- Attend New International Student Welcome Party to meet other UTSA international students
- Pick up your UTSA Student ID card
- Pay tuition and fees at UTSA Fiscal Services
- Meet faculty and staff of The Intensive English Program
Once you complete orientation week, the Office of ESL Services will register you for your classes.
Mandatory UTSA Health Insurance
All international students are required to have health insurance coverage, including Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains.
Important Health Insurance Information for Students Who Are Sponsored by a Government or Agency
If you are sponsored by your government or by a scholarship program, such as Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission, be aware that you may be able to waive the mandatory UTSA health insurance fee.
|Fall/Spring Sample Morning Schedule||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am||Oral Communication 8:00-10:20am||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am||Oral Communication 8:00-10:20am||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am|
|Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am||TOEFL 10:30-11:50am||Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am||TOEFL 10:30-11:50am||Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am|
|Fall/Spring Sample Afternoon Schedule||Writing/Grammar 1:00-2:50pm||Oral Communication 1:00-3:20pm||Writing/Grammar 1:00-2:50pm||Oral Communication 1:00-3:20pm||Writing/Grammar 1:00-2:50pm|
|Reading/Vocabulary 3:00-4:50pm||TOEFL 3:30-4:50pm||Reading/Vocabulary 3:00-4:50pm||TOEFL 3:30-4:50pm||Reading/Vocabulary 3:00-4:50pm|
|Sample Summer Schedule||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am||Writing/Grammar 8:00-9:50am||NO CLASSES|
|Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am||Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am||Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am||Reading/Vocabulary 10:00-11:50am||NO CLASSES|
|Oral Communication 1:00-2:50pm||Oral Communication 1:00-2:50pm||Oral Communication 1:00-2:50pm||Oral Communication 1:00-2:50pm||NO CLASSES|
|TOEFL 3:00-4:50pm||TOEFL 3:00-4:50pm||NO CLASSES|